Monday, May 29

Take Time to Notice the flowers

Isn't this a happy flower? On Saturday, I spent nearly 4 hours cleaning out my classroom for the last time. (I think a Yippee is in order!) By the time I was finally finished I was hot, tired and ready to go home. For the past three years, I have passed this bush, without ever really seeing it. Truth be told, I probably wouldn't have noticed yesterday, if not for Midnight. Midnight, being a curious puppy, was fixated on a dead bug and would not come when I called her. I swung back around to call her again and literally looked at the flower head on. My first thought was "Where did this thing come from? Surely I would noticed it......." How many more things have I missed that are right in front of my face?

4 Comments:

Blogger fineartist said...

It's absolutely lovely and the best thing is you noticed it, you captured it and you appreciated it. Me too, thanks.

11:44 AM  
Blogger fineartist said...

And did you get a new teaching position somewhere else, or are you chainging jobs entirely?

I know that feeling of leaving a classroom for the last time, it's bitter sweet.

Nice to meet you Jen, I am Lori

11:49 AM  
Blogger bma said...

Beautiful! Since my son gave me a digital camera I find myself being more observant, noticing the little things. I'm glad you noticed that flower and shared it.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Lori-
it's nice to meet you, too.
I'm changing professions....trying something different. You're right about it being bittersweet, but amazingly enough I didn't shed ANY tears.

Jen

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

"Designer Sale Now at eLUXURY